General Summary:The Administrative Assistant manages the daily activities of the theatre, performing clerical duties related to the operation of the theatre, and under direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Full Time (30-40 hours weekly)
- Must have bookkeeping/accounting experience and be proficient in QuickBooks
- Must have strong communication, computer, and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to swiftly learn new software and technology as needed
- Must excel at multi-tasking, prioritizing projects, and completing projects within a deadline
- Must possess the ability to work independently without supervision
- Must be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality and discretion
Responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and maintain day to day bookkeeping including data entry, data import, and bank reconciliations
- Verify all bookkeeping transactions are correctly categorized and recorded
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable and make deposits
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and make tax deposits
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Board of Directors meetings
- Act as receptionist in receiving visitors and answering telephone
- Respond to voice mails and emails timely
- Communicate to Executive Director regarding received visitors, phone calls, and emails
- Receive and distribute mail; send outgoing mail
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Prepare communications from the theatre.
- Organize volunteers for theatre events.
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Keep computer database and mailing lists up to date
- Maintain calendar and make reservations for use of facilities
- Purchase supplies and maintain equipment
- Provide administrative support to the board members.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly Rate: $12.00 - $16.00. Based on Experience.
Resume & cover letter can be submitted at the following address:
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, the Plaza Theatre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.