THE PLAZA THEATRE is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Executive Director. The Plaza Theatre, located in Wharton, Texas, is a nonprofit community theatre thatproduces a regular season of plays and musicals each year, as well as a variety of special events.
General Summary: Being a key leadership role in the organization, the Executive Director is responsible for engaging our community, membership, donors, staff, and volunteers in promoting and delivering a community theater experience to patrons, while ensuring financial stability and security of the Plaza. The Executive Director oversees all factions of the organization and reports directly to the Plaza Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all day-to-day operational and management functions of the Plaza, working with appropriate show teams, committees, volunteers, community members, partners, and staff to ensure successful productions and programs. Includes supervision of staff, negotiation and execution of contracts, and the management of resources.
- Work with the Board in evaluating and implementing the overall mission of the Plaza and in defining long-term goals and short-term objectives. Provide administrative leadership for and staff support to the Board and its committees, attend all Board meetings, committee meetings as requested, and perform a wide range of Board liaison functions.
- Lead annual development, fundraising, capital campaigns, and activities, with a focus on increasing donor and sponsorship base. Play a key role in planning and implementing fundraising strategies, grant submissions, securing sponsors and soliciting major gifts.
- Oversee general public relations, communications, education and outreach efforts. Represent the Plaza to the general public through speaking engagements, publicity and oversee the development of the overall communications strategy.
- Oversee the maintenance of the building, facilities and equipment, ensuring safety and security of employees and volunteers, as well as the protection of the property.
- Demonstrated love of theater, and strong commitment to the mission and goals of the Plaza.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre or related field, and five or more years of relevant leadership experience, with a broad base of knowledge and skills in leadership and management of non-profit arts organizations; community theater experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of theatre, including technical, artistic, and performance
- Excellent organizational, fiscal and personnel management, fundraising, community relations skills, and volunteer management skills.
- Ability to represent the Plaza to a broad range of outside individuals and organizations. Excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must have computer literacy and embrace technology
- Ability to work with culturally diverse volunteers.
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation Package: $45,000 - $60,000
Resume & cover letter can be submitted at the following address:
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, the Plaza Theatre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.